In this TruStage Life Insurance Review you will find out how much TruStage costs, the types of policies they offer, pros and cons, and more.
Quick Verdict: If you're in a hurry, here's the gist. TruStage is convenient and is a solid company, but is a lot more expensive compared to other online life insurance providers, limits coverage to $100,000, and only offers 5-year terms.
Who is TruStage Insurance?
TruStage Insurance offers a simple online platform that gets people quality non-medical life insurance coverage faster than ever before.
TruStage policies are issued by CMFG Life Insurance Company. CMFG Life is rated “A” Excellent by A.M. Best and has been in business for 80 years.
*** Note that TruStage Life only sells CMFG Life. Review & compare life insurance quotes from all of the other top companies on this website.***
Take the time to read the fine print. Restrictions and limitations apply. It is important to know what you are getting into. We are here to help you make an informed decision.
WHAT DOES TRUSTAGE INSURANCE OFFER?
TRUSTAGE TERM LIFE INSURANCE IS FOR THE INSURTECH GENERATION – SIMPLE & AFFORDABLE, IF YOU ARE YOUNG & HEALTHY.
Here are the types of insurance they offer:
- TruStage Term Life Insurance | TruStage Whole Life Insurance | TruStage Guaranteed Acceptance Whole Life Insurance
- Apply online in just a few minutes
- Only need to answer a few questions
- No medical exam (for most people)
- Premiums are guaranteed throughout the life of the policy
TRUSTAGE TERM LIFE INSURANCE – PROS & CONS
- No medical exam required
- Policies as low as $10,000
- Easy online application.
- Instant approval
- Can convert to permanent whole life insurance coverage
- Policies will expire at age 80 or before.
- Premiums increase every 5 years to age 75
- Cannot purchase a policy greater than $100,000
- No available life insurance riders
- TruStage term life insurance policies are more expensive compared to other companies
- Confusing online quotes and application
How to get an online quote from trustage (CAUTION!)
Trustage has quite a bizarre online quoting platform.
It starts off similarly to most other companies. You can get started by click the "Get a Quote" button on their homepage.
All images in this section are screenshots taken from trustage.com's life insurance quoting process on 2/2/22.
Next, you'll be presented with a page asking for a bit of personal information including:
- Your zip code
- Your date of birth
- Your gender
I like that it's a simple page and is easy to fill out. I also like how Trustage posts their Trustpilot reviews at the bottom of the page. At the time I went through this in February of 2022, it looks like they have 5,119 reviews and are sitting around 4.5 stars.
Note that at this point, they haven't asked about my health or what type of coverage I'm interested in.
Some companies, like Ethos, will show you a range of quotes before asking any health questions. Then, if you're interested in applying, they narrow your quote down later based on your health.
I think that's sort of what I was expecting on the Trustage page.
But that's not exactly what you get on the results page.
Trustage's results page is quite interesting.
They do something I don't believe I've EVER seen attempted on another insurance quoting platform, and I can't say that I appreciate it!
First of all, they show a sample quote.
In my case, they show me a quote of $52.90 per month for a "Term Life" plan with $80,000 of coverage. Note that I told them I was 42 years old in the input section.
Starting with the good news, I like that you can click the "plus" button and see how the price changes based on more coverage. I also like that you can click on the "More Pricing" button where they'll show you various amounts and different rates.
But my admiration ends there!
They still haven't asked me any health questions at this point, so now I'm wondering if this is the price everyone gets. I am in great health so I certainly don't want the price that any average Joe can get!
But here's what I really don't like...
They don't tell me what kind of term I'm buying! It just says "Term Life." If you go back to the page before, it doesn't tell you the term length either!
You can also scroll down the quote page and find answers to some frequently asked questions like:
- Will I be approved? What happens if I get declined?
- What is term life insurance?
- How these rates work
- How do I apply and what happens next?
- and more!
But none of them say anything about the term length! I can't imagine buying a term life insurance policy having no idea if it's a 10 year term, a 20 year, a 30 year, etc. What if it's a 1 year term?
This is absolutley bonkers.
It wasn't until I scrolled down to the very bottom of the page and read the fine print that I found the following information:
"This is a term policy to age 80 that has premiums that increase when entering each five-year band: 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, and 75. For coverage amounts over $100,000 rates will be higher due to tobacco use."
To say I'm perplexed by Trustage's decision not to tell you up front and center that this is a term policy that lasts to age 80 and increases in rates every 5 years, would be an understatement.
How is someone to make a purchasing decision without knowing this? How much will it increase after 5 years, I wonder? And still, there's nothing about my health. Will I be lumped into the same health category as someone who is overweight and has heart disease? And yet they're asking me to apply for coverage on this page without having answered any of these questions. I'm shocked people actually apply here!
TRUSTAGE TERM LIFE INSURANCE SAmple Quotes
Check out these sample quotes for $25,000 for ages 30 to 50.
TruStage Term Life Insurance Sample Monthly Quotes
Male - $12.50
Female - $13.00
Male - $30.50
Click How Much Does Term Life Insurance By TruStage Cost? and get more sample quotes and policy information for TruStage term life insurance.
TRUSTAGE WHOLE LIFE INSURANCE – PROS & CONS
- Easy to apply
- Policies start at $1,000
- Available up to age 80
- Few health questions and no medical exam required
- Permanent insurance - premiums never increase
- Expensive prices
- Can not purchase a policy greater than $100,000
TRUSTAGE Whole LIFE INSURANCE SAMPLE QUOTES
Check out these sample whole life quotes for $50,000 up to age 50.
TruStage Whole Life Insurance Sample Monthly Quotes
Female - $35.50
Male - $62.00
Female - $85.00
Click How Much Does Whole Life Insurance By TruStage Cost? and get more sample quotes and policy information for TruStage whole life insurance.
TRUSTAGE GUARANTEED ACCEPTANCE WHOLE LIFE INSURANCE – PROS & CONS
- Policies start at $2,000
- Acceptance guaranteed – You cannot be turned down for coverage regardless of health
- Available up to age 80
- No health questions or medical exam required
- Premiums never increase
- Can not purchase a policy greater than $20,000
- No coverage if you die in first 2 years.
- TruStage guaranteed acceptance whole life is expensive compared to other companies
TRUSTAGE Guaranteed issue whole LIFE INSURANCE SAMPLE QUOTES
Check out these sample quotes for TruStage Guaranteed Issue Whole Life Insurance.
TruStage Guaranteed Issue Whole Life Insurance Sample Monthly Quotes
Male - $55.00
Female - $55.00
Male - $122.00
Click How Much Does Guaranteed Issue Whole Life Insurance By TruStage Cost? and get sample quotes and more policy information for TruStage whole life insurance.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT TRUSTAGE
- Are TruStage rates competitive? – No. TruStage term life, whole life, and guaranteed acceptance whole life rates are average compared it’s competitors. There are better deals if you shop around.
- Will I need a medical exam or lab appointment? It’s possible. Every customer is underwritten on an individual basis making it difficult to predict whether you will need to have a medical exam. That said, in most cases, applicants don’t need to get a medical exam. If you do, it can be done conveniently at no expense to you.
- Can I still get coverage even if I’ve has some health problems? Possible. Every customer is underwritten individually and receives a price based on many factors – (medical history, current health, age, and gender). It is possible to be denied coverage due to health issues.
- Will applying to TruStage hurt my credit score? – No. Insurers look at the data behind your credit score – timeliness of payments or if you’ve filed for bankruptcy – but not your credit score itself. The request for this data is only a soft credit inquiry and doesn’t impact your credit.
- Does TruStage have good customer service? – YES. Their website portal is very efficient in handling the life insurance application / underwriting process.
- Does TruStage offer any other types of insurance coverage? YES. TruStage also offers AD&D, auto, property, and health insurance.
- Do I have to be a member of a credit union to purchase? NO. TruStage products are now available to everyone.
- Are there any customer complaints about TruStage? – YES & NO. If you fit their profile and get approved for the coverage, it will be an easy buying experience. You will be happy and have no complaints. If you are rejected, you will not be happy. This in turn will generate complaints.
- Is the TruStage platform good, safe and reliable to use when buying life insurance? – YES – The TruStage platform is safe and secure.
- What happens when I turn 80 years old? If you own TruStage term life insurance, the policy will expire. If you own TruStage whole life or guaranteed acceptance whole life, your policy will remain inforce, with no premium increase, as long as you continue to pay your premiums.
- What is life expectancy? Life expectancy is the statistical expectation of how long someone will live at birth based on a number of factors such as socioeconomics, demographic, geographic, thermographic, stenographic, idiographic, and historiographics.
BE SMART AND SAVE $$$
MAKE SURE YOU SHOP AROUND AND COMPARE!
Trustage Life Insurance Alternatives
Many of the following companies have better products and cheaper prices versus TruStage Life Insurance. Some even offer no medical exam policies.
AAA Life Insurance Review
Term, whole & universal life insurance are three types of life insurance products offered through AAA Life.
Bestow Life Insurance Review
Bestow Insurance offers term life insurance for people between the ages of 18 and 60, and in generally good health. You can get coverage online in about 10 minutes starting at $10 a month.
Ethos Life Insurance Review
Ethos is not a life insurance company. They are a licensed producer and third party administrator. Founded in 2017, Ethos has developed an online platform that allows you to apply for life insurance and possibly get instant approval.
Fabric Life Insurance Review
Fabric Life offers affordable life insurance with easy, online quotes and application available 24/7. The company uses algorithms to speed up the underwriting process, with well-qualified applicants getting approved without a medical exam.
Geico Life Insurance Review
GEICO offers life insurance products through its partner, LifeQuotes.com. LifeQuotes.com provides access to dozens of life insurance carriers which makes it easy to get a quote for term, universal or whole life insurance.
Ladder Life Insurance Review
Ladder has developed an online platform that allows you to apply for life insurance and possibly get instant approval. They have teamed up with Fidelity Security Life in 49 states and in New York with Allianz Life Insurance Company of New York.
Lemonade Life Insurance Review
Using AI technology and chatbots, Lemonade offers a completely online experience and lightning fast claims processing through its mobile app.
SelectQuote Life Insurance Review
Since 1985, SelectQuote has saturated the advertising market with multiple TV, radio, & print adds per day. This is the reason they are the #1 direct to consumer insurance agency. BUT....
For more company information, please visit our Life Insurance Company Reviews Page. If you’re searching for life insurance by term length or dollar amount, please visit this page
is there a waiting period with whole life insurance?
Need you to send me the papers of my life insurance , to change benefactor .
Please try to send them as soon as possible .